Software development manager manages all the activities of the software development group; In conjunction with leadership sets attainable goals to team members in order for the projects to be finished on time; provides guidance to team members to encourage work productivity; makes sure the timeline is followed by the software development group; manages multiple projects at once; ensures appropriate procedures and processes are followed when it comes to software development; represents the software department in meetings; participates in design control activities; monitors, evaluates and ensures the completion of tasks and projects; analyzes software requirements; implements design plans, reviews unit tests; documents software development; monitors status of developing software; writes, reviews and revises product requirements and specifications in conjunction with product manager and leadership; participates in other areas of the software development process; and provides technical support to other company personnel.
We are looking for a candidate that is driven, enthusiastic, detail oriented, multi-tasks, learns quickly, and can adapt to and work well in a very fast paced distributed environment in the following ways:
- Possess an understanding of development and execution across Web and Mobile interfaces
- Collaborate with the product management team to define features and work with quality assurance to fix defects
- Partner with the customer support team to investigate and solve customer problems
- Expected to prioritize workload and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Act as a leader within the company and be able to think strategically across customers, product lines, and utilization of resources
- Possess a strong blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Working conditions usually revolve around having flexible schedules. Collaborating with different clients worldwide is also possible so there is a possibility of working in unusual hours due to the different time zones.
Required Experience & Knowledge
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or technical field or equivalent practical experience in software development
- 5-10 years’ relevant work experience with 4+ years as a Developer, preferably in cloud-based solutions (SaaS)
- Experience developing software applications and libraries in high level languages Java. Experience with REST, SOAP, OOP, Design Patterns, TDD, and Agile development practices. Experience with SQL, Hibernate, JDBC. Experience with Maven, Eclipse/IntelliJ, Apache/Tomcat. iOS development experience is desired
- Experience developing high-tolerance, enterprise level applications with multi-tier experience and reusable components.
- Must be able to see the big picture and manage details with a sense of urgency and sound judgment
- Must possess exceptional troubleshooting skills and be able to assess quickly complex programming applications. Technology may require software development managers to keep up to date with the latest development software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, organizational, and analytical skills
- Possess an entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment
- Experience in both agile and waterfall software development management methodologies
Nice to Have
- Work experience related to the Health Care industry, specifically in HealthIT
- Understanding of both Web and Mobile technologies and/or mobile development background